Tuesday June 18, 2013
Milwaukee is located on the west side of Lake Michigan, and where water meets land one will often find a beach. Warm weather brings the people of Brew City flocking to the lakefront hubs of Bradford and McKinley beach, but there are other great beaches dotting our shoreline to the north and south as well.
To find a beach near you, check out this guide to Milwaukee Area Beaches.
Stockbyte / Getty Images
Tuesday June 11, 2013
One sure sign of summer in Milwaukee is the neighborhood church festival. You can find at least one of these quirky, fun festivals happening nearly every weekend through Labor Day.
Read more at Milwaukee Church Festivals 2013.
Photographer's Choice / Getty Images
Saturday June 8, 2013
Summerfest starts in less than three weeks! Get your tickets now for these great headlining shows taking place at the Marcus Amphitheater.
Summerfest 2013 Headliners:
- 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, June 26: Violent Femmes, The Avett Brothers, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Ivan and Alyosha
- 7:30 p.m. Thursday, June 27: fun., Walk the Moon, Family of the Year
- 8 p.m. Friday, June 28: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, The Smithereens
- 7:30 p.m. Saturday, June 29: Jason Aldean, Jake Owen, Thomas Rhett
- 7:30 p.m. Sunday, June 30: Pitbull, Far East Movement, Nikki Williams
- 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 2: New Kids on the Block, 98 Degrees, Boyz II Men
- 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 3: Luke Bryan, Thompson Square, Florida Georgia Line
- 8:00 p.m. Thursday, July 4: Rush
- 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 5: Tim McGraw, Brantley Gilbert, Love and Theft
- 7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 6: John Mayer, Phillip Phillips
- 7:30 p.m. Sunday, July 7: Eagles
Summerfest 2013 will run from June 26 - 30, and July 2 - 7.
Image © Milwaukee World Festival Inc.
Friday May 31, 2013
Throughout the late 1800s and beyond, Milwaukee was a thriving industrial city. Many neighborhoods accordingly still bear the stamp of our city's blue-collar roots, but likewise in many pockets of Milwaukee you can also still find evidence of the opulence enjoyed by the wealthy families of that era. Get a fun lesson in architecture accompanied by a dose of Milwaukee history by touring any of these beautiful Historic Milwaukee Mansions.
Image courtesy Visit Milwaukee.