The Bottom Line
- High quality, local, fresh ingredients.
- Bright atmosphere and decor.
- Friendly service.
- Great selection, vegetarian friendly.
- It's tiny. If you mind waiting -- or there's no place to wait -- this could irk you.
- The coffee isn't great.
- Corazon is located at 3129 N. Bremen St., Milwaukee
- Phone: 414.810.3941
- Dress is casual
- Average tab can range from $5 - $15 per person, cocktails not included
- Major credit cards accepted
- Hours: 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. Tuesday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Sunday. Hours subject to change.
- Web: www.corazonmilwaukee.com
Guide Review - Cafe Corazon - Milwaukee's Cafe Corazon in Riverwest
Cafe Corazon is a cozy cafe, with just six tables maneuvered into a wedge-shaped building. In summer months, outdoor seating catches most of the overflow, and the wait for a table isn't as long as it would be during cold months. If you don't mind standing to wait for your table, it's worth it to order a margarita from the bar and bask in the very non-Wisconsin atmosphere of the colorful, art-filled cafe.
As far as dining, local is the rule, so don't expect anything mixed in a five-gallon bucket. Nor do you need to expect the "food coma" that inevitably comes from dining at many a Mexican restaurant. Corazon, with offerings such as tofu enchiladas, mussels, grilled tilapia and stuffed peppers, offers a more finely flavored twist on the usual, and doesn't overly rely on cheese and refried beans to create its original menu.