The Bottom Line
- The food is great.
- The atmosphere is unassuming, come-as-you-are.
- Turnaround time is generally quick once you are seated.
- Weekend crowds often mean a wait for a table.
- The service is often quite brusque, but efficient.
- The decor is quite minimalistic, a minus if you're looking for a swank experience.
- EE-Sane is located at 1806 N. Farwell Ave.
- Phone: (414) 224-8284
- Dress is come-as-you-are.
- Average tab per diner is about $15 for dinner.
- Major credit cards are accepted.
- Hours: 11:30 a.m. - 9 p.m. Monday - Thursday; 11:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. Friday; noon - 10 p.m. Saturday. Closed Sunday.
Guide Review - EE-Sane Thai Lao Cuisine
EE-Sane is one of the places that is excellent solely because of its food -- every other nicety is kept at an efficient minimum. Granted, no one will ever be rude to you here, but everything is very cut and dried: sit down, order, eat. It also helps to bring an attractive dining partner, or a book, because the decor is also quite minimalistic.
That being said, if you enjoy thai food, or thrive on spice, you must check out EE-Sane. The selection is excellent, ranging from soups, noodle and curry dishes to stir fry, duck and seafood dishes. I'd also recommend going easy on the spice unless you're truly prepared to burn off your tastebuds -- on a scale of 1 to 10, I find a 5 wonderful, but hardly edible.