Summers in Milwaukee mean free music in many of our best parks. Head to Lake Park for Musical Mondays, Humboldt Park in Bay View on Tuesdays for Chill on the Hill, and Pere Marquette Park for River Rhythms or Glendale's River Parkway for Music in the Glen on Wednesdays. Find more free summer music in Milwaukee Parks: Free Music in Milwaukee Parks -- Thursdays
Mondays: Musical Mondays at Lake Park
What: The East Side's offering to free outdoor music, set in Milwaukee's most treasured parks. Concerts take place on the summer stage at picnic area #3, or in the community room of Lake Park Pavilion on rainy days.
Where: Lake Park, 3233 E. Kenwood Blvd.
When: Mondays from 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- July 1: Big Top Brass
- July 8: Jay Hildebrand
- July 15: Monday in the Park with Bill
- July 22: Chris Hanson Band and Robin Pluer
- July 29: Harmonious Wail
- August 5: The Chicago Rovers with Edgar Gabriel
- August 12: Midwest Vocal Express
- August 19: I'm Not a Pilot
- August 26: Bonifas Quartet
Tuesdays: Chill on the Hill
What: Bay View's answer to the summer music scene, featuring an eclectic mix of pop, jazz, world, country and alternative. This popular event can draw up to 3000 people per night.
Where: Humboldt Park, 3000 S. Howell Ave.
When: Tuesdays from 6 - 8:30 p.m. Opening band is at 6, Headliner at 6:30
- June 4: Walter Salas-Humara of the Silos / Wooldridge Brothers with the Bay View Middle School and High School & Tippecanoe / Dover drum lines
- June 11: Tweed Funk with John Stano
- June 18: Pay the Devil / The Best Westerns with The Dailey Debutantes Baton and Drum Corps
- June 25: 5 Card Studs
- July 2: American Legion Band
- July 9: Katz Sass with Annie B
- July 16: Wade Fernandez / Painted Caves
- July 23: Paul Cebar and Tomorrow Sound with Ethan Keller
- July 30: Extra Crispy Brass Band with the Bay View Middle and High School Drum Line
- August 6: Nora Collins / Eagle Trace with The Maji
- August 13: McTavish with the Kinsella Academy of Irish Dance and special guest Shamrock Club Color Guard Pipes and Drums
- August 20: Ramma Lamma / Wanton Look
- August 27: Spanglish with D. Lopez Academy of Dance
Tuesdays: Skyline Music Series
What: A great evening of music in Riverwest, topped off with on of the most dramatic views of the city.
Where: Kadish Park, south of North Avenue, west of Bremen St.
When: Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m.
- July 9: De La Buena
- July 16: Urban Empress & The Urbanites
- July 23: 5 Card Studs
- July 30: Paul Cebar Tomorrow Sound
- Aug. 6: RAS Movement
- Aug. 13: Leroy Airmaster with Jim Liban
- Aug. 20: Extra Crispy Brass Band
Wednesdays: River Rhythms
What: A relative newcomer to the downtown summer music scene, River Rhythms features a mix of pop music in the heart of downtown Milwaukee.
Where: Pere Marquette Park, 900 N. Plankinton Ave.
When: Wednesdays from 6:30-9 p.m.
- June 12: Piano Brew
- June 19: De La Buena
- June 26: The Delta Routine
- July 10: Brother
- July 17: RAS Movement
- July 24: The Fatty Acids
- July 31: Milwaukee Battle of the Bands
- August 7: Greg Koch with John Sieger
- August 14: Manran
- August 21: Five Card Studs
- August 28: The Toys
- August 30 *Special Friday Night Show: Leroy Airmaster with Junior Brantley