The Bottom Line
You won't leave Kyoto feeling disappointed (especially if you've had their all-you-can-eat special), but the quality of the food and service does seem to fluctuate, perhaps due to the experience levels of staff on duty when you go. It's still worth a try, because when Kyoto is good, it rivals the top sushi joints in the city.
- The all-you-can-eat special: $22.95 Sunday - Tuesday evenings.
- Kyoto is clean and brightly lit.
- Service can be rather slow, especially during busy dinner hours.
- The quality of food and service is known to waver.
- Kyoto is located at 7453 W. Layton Ave., Greenfield
- Phone: 414.325.1000
- Dress is come-as-you-are
- Average tab can range from $7 - $10 per person for lunch to $10 - $50 per person for dinner (especially if you add sake).
- Major credit cards are accepted
- Hours: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Saturday; 4:30-9:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 4:30-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday
Guide Review - Kyoto
The first few times I tried Kyoto, the service was a tad slow but the nigiri and maki were of such high quality that it more than made up for the wait. Plus, if you strategically order, the all-you-can-eat dinner is an excellent deal. Unfortunately, the last two times I was there the service had waned -- on one occasion the server was obviously inexperienced and / or having a bad day, and on the other the service was very slow. Still, because it has been very good in the past, I would still suggest giving Kyoto a try -- perhaps those experiences were an anomaly to an otherwise good establishment.